Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Welcome and Watch Your Step!

I have entered into this new year with new responsibilities; holding down a new position at work, daily house maintenance on a new home and now a new role in life, FIANCE'!  Even at my age, 27, marriage seemed like such far-fetched thought but who knew the tom-boy who loved to hang with boys on the corner would grow up to become someone's wifey!  Well it's true and here I am. And in the mist of finding out what additional responsibilities come with this new role, I have to plan a wedding.




I have almost a year and half to plan this event and even though this may seem like a long time away, I have no damn idea where to even start.  So to help me get through my mission I sought out guidance from one of the best wedding planning websites, The Knot.com.  After joining the website all I could say is "WHOA"! There are 188 "suggested" tasks to be completed all the way up to the wedding day.  WTH!


I've already started through some small tasks and I am noticing that this new Weddingland that I have entered is not only foreign to me but also CRAZY...no really...CRAZY! I have several women that I have watched and are watching go through the planning process and they all have started losing their minds, to some point.  Well here comes the importance of this blog; I believe that by talking about the mysteries that come with this land, I can better cope with all the new and unknown issues that I'm going to have to face down in this process.  And with that motive, I hope to remain SANE in all this INSANITY!


So, I welcome you to come and take this trip into to this place of linens, toasts, and budgets (oh my)...It's going to be a bumping ride so hold on tight!




No comments:

Post a Comment