Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Let the Decisions Begin...

Tasks 2 out of 188: Choose a wedding date!
Complete: 12+ months before wedding

So, it was the day after the proposal and I'm being asked by a million in one people "So when is the wedding?" Really...I'm supposed to figure that out so soon.  Answer: YES! There are so many reasons to do this early including:
  • Letting relatives know as soon as possible is definitely a benefit when it come so their travel planning
  • If you have friends who are in those busy industries, medical, construction, streetwalkers (I don't judge) they need to be able to take off 6 months to a year early
  • You will be able to get a whiff of how stress out you may get based on the gap of time between the engagement and the wedding
  • And lastly, so that people can stop asking you about the date! You can always change it if you need to.
It seems like each couple has various reasons why they chose their date.  I have heard reasons from "It's the day we first kissed" to "I don't know, it's just the last Saturday in the month".  TheKnot.com believes that the date should involve approval from parents, important guests and other important relatives.  I believe that it's ok to get advice from those important individuals in your life but the day that you choose to begin that next stage in your life should be based on what you and your partner value.  As long as you both can agree on the date, then it will be the perfect day.  It's that simple. 

As I'm learning, it is very easy to get caught up in the whirlwind of colors, food and attire but for anything to have meaning, I have to remain grounded in my relationship; everything must be a true reflection of us and nothing less. 

No comments:

Post a Comment