Wednesday, March 30, 2011

B.S. Mania: Bridal Shows for ALL!

So it has been a moment since I have blogged but only because there has been a lot wedding activities that are starting to fill my calendar.  I had a chance to travel to my first bridal show (I’m no longer a BV aka bridal virgin) and let me tell you it was insane.  I decided to go with a bridal show pro, my fellow bridal sorority sister, but she was as surprised about the madness that we were walking into as I was.  We attended the Georgia Bridal Show at the Cumberland Galleria.  We should have known exactly what we were getting ourselves into when we saw the herds of brides with bags, boas and stickers (oh my). 
Our first stop was the registration station where we signed up for everything that we needed or were interested in knowing more about.  Options ranged from wedding bands to Mariachi bands. As we entered the door to the vendors there were herds of brides screaming, mumbling and speeding from booth to booth.  It was hard to see what each vendor had to offer because brides were circling each table like vultures to their feast. Eventually, we joined the chaos. We jumped into a money machine where we won a huge discount on tuxedos and almost become eye lash models for the second half of the show (ok she wanted to do it more than me).  We were signing up for things left and right, trying to get ideas for our own event but mostly grabbing as much free stuff as our bags could hold. 
Towards the close of the event there was a fashion show that was put on by Savvi Formal Wear.  The show was cute and some of the gowns were pretty but for the most part the tuxedos were the best (Go figure!).
My overall impression of my first bridal show was that for the $10 I paid, it was worth it.  I got free stuff, new ideas and opportunities to win additional prizes both during and after the show.  I’ve received several calls about honeymoons, invite only designer dress shows and plenty of emails about discounted bridal/wedding packages.  I will say the best thing to do is to attend a bridal show in the city where the celebration will be held, that way there is a higher probability of utilizing those resources but it doesn’t hurt to go to as many as you can wherever you can.
I definitely suggest that every Georgia bride-to-be goes to the Georgia Bridal Show, heck to any show in that regards because you just never know; you could be a winner too!

3 comments:

  1. I would have paid money to see you in that money machine! Bridal shows are so fun - yeah, it feels like a cattle call but you also walk away with about a thousand new ideas. I could not be in the bridal industry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have photos, I may have go ahead and post a few! It was a great time but exhausting all at the same time! The bridal industry is getting PAID!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they're getting paid for real for real!!! Brides remember when it comes to a wedding, everything is negotiable!!!

    ReplyDelete